Against all odds... and unless my mailbox is totally flooded this afternoon... I have completely caught up with all the letters I need to respond to. If you would like a random letter from me, drop me an e-mail and send your address. If you would like to send me a letter, ask me for my address. This even goes for people that I know and talk to on a regular basis. Come on friends, some of you have probably not sent a letter since your childhood! I'm still hoping to reach the 366 mark on sent and received letters so I still have a long way to go. Not into penpalling? Not sure what to write? Here are some suggestions:
- If I don't know you, introduce yourself.
- What did you do today? The everyday, mundane stuff.
- What foods did you eat today, if you live in a country outside the US? Favorite foods from your country?
- What do you like and dislike about the area you live in?
- Do you blog? If you do, what is your blog like and how did you get started?
- Advice? Lessons you've learned in life in general, etc.
-Tell me a story that most people in your country would know.
- What is going on in your local area this week?
- If I do know you, what's something that I don't know? Tell me something that you did this summer that you enjoyed.
- If you're a child (or a creative adult), draw me a picture and write a letter about what you drew.
I wish I had a PO Box so I could just put the address here and be surprised. I would love to hear from some "random" people. I love connecting with people who I never thought I'd come into contact from.
I will also be sending out some "random mail" to some people whose blogs I have found but haven't spoken to yet.
Have a great week. I have 1 final week of summer vacation. :( (Though I do look forward to working with my students again.)