Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Something different- gardening

I mentioned a few posts ago that I have taken an interest in gardening since we moved to our new house. Here are a few things I've learned:

1) I am so grateful for the people who lived here before us, who apparently had enough money to hire a landscaper. :)
2) Gardening is HARD work! I have spent a lot of time and effort to make the yard look nice, while knowing that flowers are a temporary thing that I don't have a lot of control over.
3) I'm also very knowledgeable to people who have more experience. Who would've known that there are so many plants that can look exactly the same to people who have no knowledge. "Green pokey thing," "Another green pokey thing," ""Ooh... green shiny pokey thing!"
4) Apparently I do not mix well with poison ivy... at all. It's ironic that I'm great at following social distancing rules and quarantining and then break out by ending up in the ER twice. (I'm better now, mostly.)

      Here are some of the beautiful things that have been growing in my yard over the past month. In all fairness, I did not plant any of these- but some of the things I did plant seem to finally be coming up. We'll see I guess!
Image preview                   Image preview Image preview                 Image preview Image preview             Image preview Image preview Image preview Image preview Image previewImage preview                   Image preview
     The picture of the flowers in the vase were flowers given to me by Peta, an elderly woman next door. They were beautiful and smelled so nice! She grew them in her garden. They have also sent over scallions and rhubarb!



No comments:

Post a Comment