Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Summer bucket list

     Today I sat down with the boys to write our summer reading goals and things we'd like to do.  Here's our grand list. We do not have to all of these, but these are things that would be fun. What are some things we missed?

Reading goals:
D- Read more than 20 minutes a day
T- Read at least 10 books off the Massachusetts Children's Book Awards for this year and write a report for each. (I really liked this goal. Last year he wanted to read the entire MCBA list... and got most of them but the reports were a struggle).

Summer "To do" list:
-Visit a museum
-Go somewhere touristy- like Cape Cod
-Have a picnic
-Make snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches. (Don't they look delicious? D is most excited about this)
-Go on a local bike trail (maybe this one, which we've never been to.)
-Make s'mores
- Go camping
- Have a firepit
- Go fishing
- Go deep sea fishing (boys have never been) or a whale watch
- Explore some of the local towns for a day. (We have lived here for a long time but it would be fun to examine where we live in a new way)
- Swim in a lake
-Swim in a lake
-Swim in a river
- Swim in a pool (Did I mention I HATE to swim? The kids obviously like it)
- Learn to surf (T)
- Do a puzzle
-Stay in a hotel
- Go to a different state (How about Wisconsin? ;) )
- Visit Dogtown
-  Eat at Woodmans (or get fresh seafood somewhere)
-Plan Quebec vacation  (Anyone reading from Quebec? Suggestions for us?)
- Try to learn some French for Quebec
- Invite friends for dinner
-Visit relatives
- Run around in the rain
- Visit a farmer's market (should be happening today)
-See The BFG
- Visit Pettingill Farm  (I have relatives that are Pettingills, I'm wondering if there are any relations.)
- Family tree research (Anyone into genealogy research? I'm stuck in a few places.)
-Watch fireworks
- Go to an outdoor concert.
- Play a board game

2 comments:

  1. I recommend mixing the touristy with the whale watch and take a whale watch with Dolphin Fleet out of Provincetown on Cape Cod. They're the ONLY whale watch business we'll use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list and cool idea. Ha, we get groceries at Woodmans here in Wisconsin :) I'm excited to see how many of these things you are able to check off. Do you have lightning bugs? (Fireflies?) Last time I saw them was in IL... I always remember seeing them in WI when I was little, though. Miss that. Anyway, if you have them, you should definitely try to catch one... for me! Ha.

    ReplyDelete