Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Outgoing packages and LetterMo

Outgoing....

     I'm so glad I'm doing LetterMo. It will start getting me caught up with my letters. (Guilt is a great motivator too!) Here is my outgoing mail today... so far. (I'm hoping to write at least 1 letter tonight.) 
 
These are 2 packages headed out to 2 female soldiers that I support through Adopt A US Soldier. Soldier 1 is getting the large box. It contains snacks, drinks, hygiene products and some cards and letters from Timmy's Boy Scout troop.  I hope she likes it!
    The envelope is for my newest soldier. (Soldier #4- I'm not using names and locations because of the OPSEC rules)  This is just a small getting to know you package. She e-mailed me and said that she needs to get some paper so... here it is, a notebook, some girly stationary, envelopes and some Brach's candy conversation hearts for a treat. Of course there is a letter in there too.

Other...

     What is LetterMo?  It's the Month of Letters challenge. I'm hoping to send and receive lots of cool mail and make some new friends. Of course, I'm planning on catching up with my current penpals first. I plan to be writing a lot!  Here is the challenge:

"I have a simple challenge for you.
  1. In the month of February, mail at least one item through the post every day it runs. Write a postcard, a letter, send a picture, or a cutting from a newspaper, or a fabric swatch.
  2. Write back to everyone who writes to you. This can count as one of your mailed items."      Sounds fun right?  Possibly terrifying if you don't like to write, but it's right up my alley.
If you're visiting from LetterMo, welcome to my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment