Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

More Love Letters

     I wanted to just take a second to tell you about an awesome site I came across. It is called More Love Letters.   If you know me, you know that (sometimes, despite my crappy attitude) God made me to be an encourager. As a teacher, I love seeing the look in a kid's eyes when they realize that they can do something they didn't know they could do before. I love doing random acts of kindness. I love seeing people succeed, getting good things that they deserve, getting good things they DON'T deserve (grace- it's a wonderful thing!), or seeing my kids encourage someone. I'm so weird (as Matt calls me.. lol) that I even like seeing a stranger's day turn into a better day. Well, there's an amazing woman named Hannah Brencher who I think I would get along with really well. She began the More Love Letters site with the realization that she could bless other people through her letters- using encouraging words to lift the spirits of total strangers, using her own experiences to help people who are experiencing similar things, blessing others.  Since I found this site, I've been writing notes to all kinds of random strangers through their request section.
     I also thought that maybe I should write in to see if Timmy might be able to receive some encouragement for his upcoming school year. Last year he had a really negative year. Don't get me wrong, I love his school, but last year was just awful. Well, MLL chose him as one of the recipients of the letters.
     He has no idea about this yet, but he has over 20 letters so far from as close as Quincy, MA and as far away as New Zealand. As a facilitator of the letters, I have to read them to make sure they are appropriate, etc.  I cannot even tell you how touched I am by each letter. The encouraging words, the decorations and stickers, the art- they're all awesome and I CANNOT WAIT to give Timmy the letters. I know that these words will set themselves in his heart and give him courage. I may share some on the blog here after I have given them to him. In the meantime, I'd love if you'd go check out her site and maybe even send some letters out. If you're not usually a letter writer, it doesn't take eloquence, just a little time and effort to make someone's day a little sweeter. Spread this site around too.
     If you are reading this and you are a MLL writer- THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment