Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Dismal mail week

    There's not much more to say than that this has been a dismal mail week. I'm still doing well at sending postal love out but feeling a little disconnected. One of the reasons I penpal is to connect on a deeper level with people. I know that it would be easy to sit down to write an e-mail but I actually take time to choose my words and be a lot more genuine in a letter. This point in the school year gets really crazy with my schedule so sometimes I cannot meet up with friends as regularly as I'd like. Writing keeps me connected.  Maybe if I complain letters will just show up? Just kidding. At least my Nana will be sending her multiple Valentine's cards to us soon. :) (I blame her for my postal obsession. Maybe I will write a post about her sometime.) On a good note, remember that pile of cards I sent out to students to congratulate them on their hard work in trying out for Districts? One of them hung around after class and thanked me for the card. She explained that she was home sick yesterday and feeling really bad about herself and that my card made her feel a lot better. She's a sweet kid.
   

4 comments:

  1. Let us know if complaining helps letters show up because my mail box has been quiet this year despite having sent out on average at least one mail item per day in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I agree with Tracy :) If this works, I might need to update my blog ;) Do you participate in lettermo? I can't remember. Anyway, if you do, hopefully you'll receive some good mail through that, since it's going on right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't. Not even bills. Bank statements and a college brochure. Booooooooooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I"m with you! I write to family and friends, only a couple of whom write me. But, like you, I have got some positive feedback in the past week-and it really does make it worth it!

    ReplyDelete