Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Off to Cape Cod



    Happy Valentine's Day!  Today is an exciting day because it's the first day of our February school vacation. I usually dislike February vacation because, let's face it, the weather is gross and dreary. However, my parents have a time share that they have graciously let us use for a few days. Because of the impending blizzard tonight (AGAIN!) my sister has decided not to go for the few days that she was planning, so we have a longer vacation than anticipated (or than we're prepared for at the moment). I was hoping to have a HUGE pile of Lettermo mail to respond to but.. alas, I have 2 pieces from Lettermo. It's alright. I'll keep myself busy.
     As for mail this week, I got a cute letter from Katie who is trying her hand at calligraphy. I think she did a great job. I just ordered a fountain pen to give it a try myself. (I think the company I ordered from is in China based on the "sender" info on Amazon so it will be a while until I get it.) Here's Katie's work:
Then I also got a cute, unexpected Valentine's Day card from my sister. My Nana is basically still snowed in and really stressed that she hasn't made it out to get Valentine's Day cards yet. She won't take "It's okay" for a resolution.
    Since my last post I have sent out a Postcrossing card to Belgium, a get well-soon card to a student of mine and a letter to Suzan in the Netherlands. I am sending a Postcrossing card to The Netherlands today.
The 366 Project:
Sent: 77
Received: 22
    Although I'm not thrilled with my amount of incoming mail, I'm excited that February 14th is the 45th day of the year and I'm way ahead of that number in my outgoing mail. Many of the people I write to are just as excited about getting a nice letter or card as I am so it makes me feel good to know that I can brighten someone's day.
    I might not check in until after we get back from vacation. Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day!
    Come and get Free Animations Blog.
    Images Animated Gif

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day. Have a great vacation. Also, I would love to seend you some mail in return, but I don't have your address. I thought I did, but apparently, I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to say, I love the image you started this post with! I'm with you in sending more than I get, in fact last LetterMo I got nothing (since I only send to family and friends, few of whom are into sending mail), so was super excited when I got an unexpected Valentine's card from a relative today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send you something if you'd like :) I got a few replies today when I got home. Yeah!!!!

      Delete
  4. There should be a letter from me on its way to you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excited to get it. Trying to figure out who this is though.... lol! I have a few new friends through Lettermo!

      Delete