Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 23, 2012

   My mail received pile is getting a little sad. Another day with no good mail. On a related note, I'm sending a package of American food to Wales. I've asked some of my international friends which foods they would suggest. I've gotten suggestions to send: peanut butter, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Hamburger Helper and Mac and Cheese. I also have some other things I have been told that people in the UK sometimes ask for, like Oreos. If you're from the UK and you see this before Monday, 6/25, feel free to write me some suggestions on what to send! 


Here is a postcard I'm sending to Germany. The user likes vintage cards. This was made in 1977, the same year I was born. 
US-1740567
     The 4 women in the postcard are Amelia Earhart, Elvy Kalep (1st civilian pilot in Estonia), Frances Marsalis (racing pilot) and Betty Gillies (commander in the Women Airforce Service Pilots in WWII). This picture was taken in 1933 after a benefit roller skating party to raise funds for a plane. I love that they are all in roller skates. I didn't notice it the first time I saw this picture.
    I found this postcard at a yard sale in Maine last summer.  It was old but in good condition so I picked it up.  I hope the woman I'm sending it to likes it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment