1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
My bed or my couch. I love to read before I go to sleep.It's a way for me to unwind and slow down my thoughts a bit. My couch is definitely a more comfy place to read, on the bed I'm frequently changing positions.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Bookmark. I have a beautiful woven bookmark I exchanged with someone from Postcrossing. It was either from Iran or Turkey.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages?
I usually like to stop at the end of a chapter but I'm not upset if I don't make it. If I'm trying to read a book within a certain time frame, I will make sure I read at least enough pages to get through the book in time.
4. Do you eat or drink when reading?
Sometimes. I like to have a nice iced coffee if I'm reading outside or sometimes a cup of hot chocolate or diet Coke when reading in the evening. I don't think I eat when I read.
5. Do you watch TV or listen to music whilst reading?
Not usually. Occasionally the TV is on while someone else is watching, but I'm usually not paying attention to it.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
Usually 1 book at a time. Recently I have started reading a book for enjoyment and a book for learning/study. For example, I have been reading Steven Furtick's Crash the Chatterbox for a women's group that I am hosting for a book study but I have also been reading books other than that. I never read 2 fiction books at the same time or something where I would have to follow the story.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere- except in a moving vehicle. I can't read and have a bunch of things passing by me.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
I never read ahead.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
Ha ha.. I'm very OCD about this one. Most of my books look brand new- the spines are never broken, no markings of any kind, etc.
11. Do you write in your books?
12. What are you currently reading?
The Diagnosis & Correction of Vocal Faults by James McKinney (I'm a music teacher)
** I decided to write this post after seeing Megan's Reading Habits Tag on her blog.