Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Old Fox Deceiv'd by Martha Grimes

The Old Fox Deceiv'd (Richard Jury, #2) 
   Well, I have found the first book of the year that I didn't like.  Why didn't I like it? Here are a few reasons:
1) The murder in the book happens in the first chapter. I found that I still didn't care who the murderer was by about 200 pages in. I think I need some more of an emotional investment in the victim.
2) I wasn't too invested in any of the characters. 
3) Maybe I'm just not up to date with my British names/vocabulary? 
  
    There was just something about this book I could not get into. Originally, I wondered if it might have been because the book was the 2nd book in a series, but the book didn't seem to reference too much about any previous cases.
     This book also fulfilled another book for the February Keyword Reading Challenge (Deception). Up Next: A Field Guide to Awkward Silences (Silence) by Alexandra Petri

Reading Challenges:
Monthly Keyword Reading Challenge: 2/12
Goodreads Challenge-11 /50
Mount TBR- 7/24

No comments:

Post a Comment