Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Dr. Mutter's Marvels

20949450 
     I have always enjoyed reading about other people's lives and when I heard of this book about a man I had only known for his odd medical museum (which I had never been to), I was curious to read it. After reading Quakery, which was about medical practices in the past, I have become even more interested in this history of medicine. I really enjoyed Aptowicz's writing style and I found myself pretty engrossed in the book. I had no idea about Mutter's life (sorry, I don't know how to type an umlaut, if anyone is annoyed by that)- the loss of his parents, his eccentricities, his medical practice or his own health problems. I enjoyed this book a lot, though found myself slowing down in my reading a bit after a busy month.

No comments:

Post a Comment