Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Mail Pile

     Do you know that feeling you get when you start seeing your "respond" pile slowly dwindling down to nothing? Well, I'm almost there. Thank goodness! If I continue writing at the pace I have been writing, I'll be done. The letters I still have to respond to are to: Marianne (NL), Marilyn (VA), Christy (FL), Donna (Canada), Wendy (Australia), Connie (Germany) and Sheri (AZ.)   This will bring me up to February, which I am super excited for. I'm taking part in 2 letter writing events:

The Month of Letters Challenge: The month of letters challenge is just what it sounds like.
  1. In the month of February, mail at least one item through the post every day it runs. Write a postcard, a letter, send a picture, or a cutting from a newspaper, or a fabric swatch.
  2. Write back to everyone who writes to you. This can count as one of your mailed items.
Lettermo 2019 Participant Blue
I apparently starting participating in Lettermo in 2016. (Some years I did better than others.) I am still penpals with many of my Lettermo friends so I'm so excited to see what kinds of mail I get in the month. I love discovering new friends.

InCoWriMo- I might actually be slightly more excited about taking part in InCoWriMo. (I don't think I actually know what the whole acronym stands for. I think it's actually International Correspondence Writing Month)  The idea is to send a handwritten letter, card or note to someone every day for the month of February. It doesn’t have to be a novel or even news, it’s entirely up to you what you write. There is a list of over 1500 people from many different countries. You choose who you write to. They say that, realistically, the numbers are against you getting a whole bunch of mail from this event since there are so many participants,but hopefully I'll get at least 1 letter. I plan to write a bunch, I just have no idea how to choose the addresses. Some of my current penpals participate in this too. If you're not a letter writer, you are missing out on some really cool friends.


       Are any of you taking part in either event? If you'd like some mail and are a visitor to my blog, feel free to send me a message. :) Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment