Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Beautiful: The Carole King Musical

    After I attended Cinderella, a friend of mine offered to treat me to see the musical Beautiful, which tells the story of Carole King.

    To be 100% honest, I wasn't super excited about seeing the musical. I had heard some of the songs Carole King had sung, but I wasn't that familiar with her. On the other hand, I don't dislike her and didn't really have any reason not to see it. It was one of those situations where I would never have bought a ticket, but since someone was treating me, I didn't mind going. I'm so glad I did!
     First of all, how often does someone offer to treat you to a musical? So, thanks Robin if you are reading this! Secondly, I knew almost ALL of the pieces. I had heard the songs Carole had sung but I had no idea how much music she has written that was performed by other musicians. (As a music teacher, it was nice to be reminded of how the industry worked at that time and to put some connections together that I hadn't made before.) Third, I enjoyed learning about Carole King's life. I will probably research a little more into the lives of some of the characters. Lastly, the cast was INCREDIBLE! I don't think I had seen any of them in other shows but I will definitely keep my ears and eyes open for future shows these people are in.
     If you have a chance to catch it in Boston before Sunday, try to check it out. If not, the next 3 cities are Minneapolis, Chicago and St. Louis.

1 comment:

  1. I dont know much about musicals, but I am so glad you enjoyed this. And how kind of of Robin to give you a ticket :)

    ReplyDelete