Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Today's adventures

     What a day! Lots of adventure today. First we started out having a nice family breakfast (except Matt, who was working.) The boys are starting to learn that, even though Matt usually cooks during the school year so we can eat as a family, I actually can cook. 
     Then we went to see Inside Out. I'm sure you have heard all about the movie by now. I thought it was good but I wasn't blown away by it. The kids seemed to like it too but, again, not super excited about it. After the movie, we went to Panera for lunch.
Image result for inside out
    
   After lunch we came home for some quiet time before our big night.  Not every "adventure" needs to be huge.

 However, some big adventures are great too. We headed off to see Newsies at the Boston Opera House through a trip organized by the local rec dept. This is David's first professional show. Look at the excitement on those faces. You should've seen mine. I was 100% more excited. I loved the movie and really looked forward to seeing the show.
   Did I mention David was also excited about riding a coach bus? Small adventures, remember?  If you've never seen the Boston Opera House, it is pretty cool. Here's a horrible picture from my cell phone:

David's reaction: "Woah! Naked people!" This led to a long (and loud) conversation about why they have naked people on the ceiling, why people draw naked people, why people would be naked in a painting and a lot about nudity. I don't think he was satisfied with my answers. Lol
Image result for newsies on tour
    We loved it. There was a weird thing where the actor playing Davey came on for the first scene and then about 3 minutes later (during a scene) there was an announcement saying that due to illness, another actor would be playing the role. I've never seen that before. Hope the actor is okay.
     So, this show was full of adrenaline. If you like the movie, I think you would like the show- though there are some major changes. I don't know if I think the changes were for better or for worse yet. I didn't mind them. I will say that if you can appreciate dance, you'll have a great time. If you don't like people breaking into song and dance, probably not. My boys were really excited by the set, the effects, the dancing, singing and the whole package.

Did I mention I hate my cell phone camera?

   This is David with one of the "papes" they threw into the audience. Someone gave it to him.

     No big plans for tomorrow. Timmy is starting on a new baseball team for a tournament. Happy July!

1 comment:

  1. Small adventures are the best. It makes me happy to see ya'll having such a fun summer already... and to think, it's only the first week! AND you've been a blogging machine, dude! That encourages me to be better at keeping up with mine :)

    ReplyDelete