Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Redditgifts for Teachers 2015

   Every year, Redditgifts gives teachers from all over the world a chance to benefit from the generosity of others. Teachers can submit a wishlist or people can just donate whatever they'd like. Honestly, I would've been happy with anything- tissues, dry erase markers, posters, a pack of pencils- ANYTHING. I was blown away by the generosity of the woman who was assigned to me. Here's what she bought for my students:

 I plan to use these instruments will all grades. They are small, durable and sound musical. (There are some instruments designed for kids that are horrible.) My students will love these.
 I have the 6th graders engineer their own instruments. Twice last year, students asked if I had a glue gun in that class. (One 8th grade boy brought one in when he was working on opera costumes.) So, now I have one!
This is a theory workbook- combined teacher and student edition. I plan to use it for kids who need a bit of a challenge and for my chorus kids (who have no choice but to be challenged..lol). She also gave me an ITunes gift card, which I plan to use to see if the kids can identify traditional and modern (current top 10 hits) from various countries).
     Lissa, if you are reading this, thank you again. Opening the packages was like Christmas! Any one of these gifts would've been generous, never mind all of them. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment