Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 30, 2014

5 senses

     Earlier in this series I wrote about noticing the little things. Today on my way home from work, I was thinking about the senses.  I love that God created us with the capacity to experience beauty. Here are some highlights of my day:

Taste: I tried Dunkin' Donuts Snickerdoodle Iced Coffee (with Almond Milk). It was a sweet, cinnamon-y start to my day. Matt made empanadas. Matt added something sweet to the meat- raisins? I usually don't like meat combined with sweet but tonight it was good. Yummy chicken for lunch.

Touch: Had a cleaning at the dentist- fresh, clean teeth. David's little hand in mine. Timmy's snuggle on the couch. The cool air on my face while walking to my car this morning.  Warm sunshine on a cool day. A hug from a friend.

Smell: Matt's cooking! Clean laundry. Fresh air. Bath & Body Works Eucalyptus Spearmint Body Wash or Winter Candy Apple Lotion. Yankee Candles.

Sight: Children engaged while they are learning. Autumn colors. A full mailbox. (not today) Smiles. The sky- clouds, sunrise/sunset, stars.

Sound: Birds. My students singing. Laughter. Music. Peaceful quiet.

    There are many more I could add but these are the first things I thought of. What are some of the simple things you experienced today?

PS. Missy Terry. You won the giveaway. I responded to your comment. I need your address to send you the book!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment