Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 13, 2014

Quiet time

   Today is my birthday and I had a wonderful time with my husband and my boys. This weekend was a bit of hard weekend though. I was feeling a little overworked at the end of last week so I took some time Saturday to just be quiet. Sunday was a disaster and today was nice but I definitely would like to take some time tonight to sit and thing.
     When I can spend time reflecting, I am able to hand things over to God rather than stew over them. "Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light." Matthew 11:29-30
     A few years ago at the Global Leadership Summit, I heard a wonderful woman names Mama Maggie Gobran speak.  She had the following quote about silence and it has stuck with me ever since:
  • To be in silence is to be fully inside your own self.
  • The silence is the secret – the first step – to finding treasure.
  • Silence your body to listen to your words.
  • Silence your tongue to listen to your thoughts.
  • Silence your thoughts to listen to your heart beating.
  • Silence your heart to listen to your spirit.
  • Silence your spirit to listen to His Spirit.
  • In silence you leave many and be with the One.

    I'm grateful to have a God who gives me His time- even if I'm babbling.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment