Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Cotton Candy balls?

Well, this will be a somewhat "food" related post. For ICAD, our prompt was recipe. I decided to write a card for what we had for dinner. Since I wanted people to be able to actually read the card, I took up most of the space of the card writing out the recipe and didn't worry about decoration. This was my first time making this recipe (which is from Diabetic Meals in 30 Minutes or Less). It was really easy and tasted like lo mein. Timmy literally went back for extra 2 or 3 times. You should try it. I love trying new recipes. If you have a special one, feel free to e-mail it to me or send it in a letter!
   Here's why I put quotations around food earlier. Today my husband went out with the kids for a while, and on the way home he stopped to pick up some things for the recipe. When they walked in, David (6) was carrying this:

 What the heck? Cotton candy balls? My first reaction was thinking nothing that color could be good for you. So, I took the lid off and smelled them. They have a lovely, cotton-candy-ish smell. I decided to try one. They are basically cheese balls that were sweetened and not cheesy. The flavor was interesting at first until you got the stale cheese ball aftertaste after. I felt like I was eating a smurf.  I laughed at Matt for getting them and he said they just HAD TO try them. Timmy "LOVES" them. David likes them too as you can see from how many are missing in the container.
     To redeem myself as a mom- they also ate the sesame noodles (David was excited there were carrots in there. I hate carrots.) and I made strawberry banana smoothies for dessert. They do eat food that is healthy too. (Notice the basket of fruit behind the cotton candy balls.) Any particularly interesting food make it into your house lately?

     I spent the day today getting some housework done. We live in a small apartment and have way too many possessions. I had the opportunity to spend a lot of time in the room with the most clutter so I was pleased. I took a brief break to send a few thank you notes, make a duplicate of the black and white tape card I made yesterday to send to a Postcrosser and take a trip to the post office. I only had one card that came to me today. It game from Agata in Germany. She got the card in Paris. It's very cute. This is frequently what Timmy looks like after dessert. lol.

    It has been way too long since I have sat down to write a letter. I'm going to go start one to a great penpal (and a very patient one!!!) and hopefully finish before bed. Have a great day!

PS> I just found out about a Postcrossing meetup in August. I might try to go meet some other postcrossers from MA.

No comments:

Post a Comment