Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Dabbling in art

Hello friends. Happy summer vacation! Unfortunately, my first day of summer vacation with the kids, I ended up in the hospital being checked for meningitis. Gratefully, I didn't have that- but, 4 days later, I found it I did have pneumonia instead. It has wiped me out but I'm starting to finally feel like myself.  Here's some updates with the mail and my ICAD challenge.

ICAD-

   After the last time I posted, I started feeling a bit of pain in my arm. It ended up being golfer's elbow. (Yeah, I know, not a fun health year.) No, I don't golf. I had about 6 weeks left of school. The doctor said that I "shouldn't be carrying, playing (piano/percussion/anything else), conducting, typing or writing."  Then she laughed and told me that if I promise to be careful, I can rest my arm a lot over the summer and still work. So, I basically didn't do any of the above mentioned things that I did not "have to."  This summer I plan to take it slow but since I'm not working I think I can do a few creative things. Here's my ICAD card today. I attempted birch trees using watercolors and black marker. It looks weird because I forgot to add branches. Oops.  I kinda like it anyway.
Jennifer Bowler's photo.
     I'm getting a little more brave as I go. Oh, speaking of brave... wow, what happened to my spacing.. I also went to my first paint nite. Want to se my lighthouse?
     

No comments:

Post a Comment