Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 4, 2019

July 4

 

     Today was a pretty chill day. We didn't really have any patriotic plans so we just hung out at home. Tonight I did something a little out of the ordinary. Matt and the boys wanted to go play tennis. I didn't have a racquet. As someone who is really overweight, exercise is not my first "go to" for a fun activity. I love playing some sports like volleyball, but just for fun. Honestly, there are a lot of times I say no to going on outings like this because I don't want to seem like I can't keep up or to be left behind, on something like a bike ride, when someone else wants to race ahead.  Tonight I decided to push myself and go.We had a lot of fun. I got some exercise and we were treated to some (illegal) fireworks in nearby neighborhoods.

2 comments:

  1. I did the same this week, tennis as a family, also out of my comfort zone, trying to do more things like it this summer! Glad you are too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually saw your pictures from that day. I think it helped me to decide to go when they asked me to. Hope you guys are having a fun vacation!

      Delete