Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 7, 2019

July 7

     For someone who does so much genealogy research, I certainly do not host many family activities. I can't believe I forgot to take any pictures tonight. After church today, we hosted a cookout for my dad, my sister and my niece. It was a low key day. We just had hot dogs, hamburgers, steak, chips and dip, a yummy cornbread salad (a recipe I got from a friend years ago and is outside of my normal taste in food), chocolate cake and drinks. We had a firepit  in the yard and just relaxed for the afternoon. It was a really wonderful day.
       I'm also EXTREMELY excited about the Jason Robert Brown concert I'm going to tomorrow night. I have dreamed about hearing him perform in person some day.Those of you who know me personally might know that I "look forward to things" but I'm not super dramatic about my emotions. I'm surprised at myself. Last night I was so excited I could barely sleep. The funny thing is, if I got a chance to say hello and meet him, I don't know if I would feel too shy to, which is also kind of ironic. Ah, I just can't wait. Maybe I'll write after the concert tomorrow night. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment