Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Nerves.. more music teacher stuff

   Today my students are auditioning for our local jr. district festival. If you're not "into music," it's a day where about 1,200 students from 6th-9th grade (from 85 different towns) will come to audition for a spot in the district girls chorus, boys chorus, orchestra, jazz band or concert band. This year I don't have as many as I'd like to have audition going. I have 9 kids coming this year, 6 girls, 3 boys. All of them are good singers. 5 have worked their butts off.  All are very nervous about the audition and 3 of them have been sick this week. As a music teacher, my nerves for them are shot! I was up half the night worrying. Will they get in? Won't they get it? If they get super nervous, will they not try out again next year? What if they go to the wrong part? Can they handle rejection? Will I be disappointed if they don't get in? I'm working as assistant boys chorus manager so I'll get to hear all of the vocalists today. It's extremely competitive and I'm so excited/anxious about it. Hopefully the kids slept easier than I did. I would REALLY disappointed if less than 2 made it in. My aim is 2-5 but that depends on their auditions! Eek. Off to spend the day there.

No comments:

Post a Comment